Photos by Natalie Kfoury
Lasell College celebrated its 162nd birthday, otherwise known as Founders Day. Valentine Dining Hall served cupcakes, cookies, and punch, as well as recognized the college’s history with vintage photos hung around the dining hall.The event was host by the Office of Alumni Relations and the Alumni Board of Management.
Lasell was founded as Auburndale Female Seminary by Edward Lasell in 1851. The school was renamed Lasell Female Seminary in 1852. In 1932, the school was renamed to Lasell Junior College. Two-year associates degrees were offered from 1943-1989, until the college became a four-year institution. In 1997, Lasell began admitting male students. Five years later in 2002, the college began offering Master’s degrees.