Radio hosts No Shave November 1

Participants of No-Shave November (Photos courtesy of Lasell College Radio)

Zachary Gray – Co-Editor-In-Chief

Lasell College Radio, the rugby team, and the Campus Activities Board have joined together for a “No-Shave November” fundraiser benefitting the Lasell Fund. During the month of November, LCR collected $2.00 donations outside of Valentine Dining Hall to “sponsor” a rugby player in his quest to grow out the best beard.

At a grand finale event in the dining hall on December 5 at 6 p.m., a winner will be chosen from the group of participants. The winning player’s “sponsors” have a chance to win an Amazon gift card worth 25 percent of the proceeds. The remaining 75 percent will benefit the Lasell Fund.

“No-Shave November has always been that un-written event that so many guys partake in for the fun of it,” said LCR Station Manager Justin Miller. “We all thought it would be an awesome idea to bring to life, while supporting such a great cause in the process. It’s truly a win-win event for everyone involved.”

The Lasell Fund supports academic programs, library resources, scholarships, athletic programs, and campus life.

Those participating in No-Shave November are Charles O’Connor, Seth Millman, Conor Devlin, Jason Martin, Luis Branco, Jay Vibes, Hugh Ramirez, Nicholas Lucido, Stephen Saluti, and Joseph McGuire. Anyone with questions can contact LCR Event Coordinator, Risley Dudley, at rdudley@lasell.edu for more info.

One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s