By Levi Flood – Contributing Writer
- Brown Sugar $1.19
- 1 Bag of Baby Carrots $2.49
** Total cost: $3.68 (Prices are may vary based on produce weight and brand variation) This price does not include butter, which can be found individually packaged at the cafeteria. **
- Pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
- Place 20 carrots on a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of aluminum foil and put four heaping spoon-fulls of brown sugar and two level spoon-fulls of butter on top of the carrots.
- Wrap the aluminum foil into a ball then add a second layer of foil and wrap into a ball.
- Place foil ball in oven for 45 minutes (carrots should be soft when done).
Tip of the Week:
- Feel free to make more or less of this recipe, just remember for every 10 carrots you will need two spoon-fulls of brown sugar and one spoon-full of butter.