By Hannah Akerly – 1851 Staff
With colorful leaves, crisp air, hot apple cider and one night of the year that allows you to be anything you want, October is surely a favorable month. Whether you love participating in Halloween activities or prefer simply staying in to watch a marathon of festive movies, this listicle has something for everyone:
- Get spooked in a haunted house! This is one of the best parts of Halloween and Barrett’s Haunted Mansion in Abington, MA makes sure you’re as terrified as possible. This years’ experience features themes like: Sanctuary, Unhinged, Darkness Unleashed, Devil’s Night and Bite & Fright. Barrett’s is one place you won’t want to go alone to though – it’ll leave you with a racing heart and nightmares of the haunting experience.
2. Visit a pumpkin patch! Honey Pot Hill Orchards, located at 166 Boon Rd. in Stow MA, offers a large selection of bright orange pumpkins, farm animals, a maze and the best apple cider donuts and slushies my mouth has ever tasted.
3. Visit your local family farm. Enjoy a day with friends and family in the crisp air gathering all of your favorite types of apples. End the day with a hay ride or some refreshing cider.
4. Watch a Halloween movie! Hocus Pocus, The Exorcist, Beetlejuice and Scream are just a few of the classics you could be watching all night this Halloween season. Grab the popcorn and a comfy blanket and settle in. October nights are the perfect temperature to stay in and get cozy!
5. Attend a theme park Fright Night. Six Flags New England hosts annual Halloween Fright Nights and it’s an event you don’t want to miss. Featuring unique monsters that wander the grounds, haunted attractions, scare zones and live entertainment, you’ll be sure to get your money’s worth.