Lasell Latin American Cultural Club hosts salsa classes

Kayli Hertel – Features Editor

“[It was] muy caliente,“ said Toria Young of the last salsa classes hosted by the Lasell Latin American Cultural Club (LLACC) in early November. The four classes were taught by Katalin Matyus and her partner Hector Huambo, both experienced dancers.

In October, the LLACC hosted the Latino Film Festival where everyone on campus was invited to watch movies geared toward Hispanic culture. Professor Jose Guzman, the advisor of the club, felt that having salsa lessons would be another great event. Continue reading “Lasell Latin American Cultural Club hosts salsa classes”

USA hockey hero Mike Eruzione speaks to students

Photos by Tom Horak

Zachary Gray – Co-Editor-In-Chief

Mike Eruzione, captain of the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team, spoke to Lasell students on December 11 to speak about the “Miracle On Ice” and other hockey topics. The talk was hosted by Dr. Dwayne Thomas and the Sports Management department in collaboration with Political Science professor Paul Debole. Continue reading “USA hockey hero Mike Eruzione speaks to students”

Zeig represents Lasell track internationally

Brianna Robins 1851 Staff

If you asked Chelsea Zeig seven years ago about participating in the Maccabiah Games, she probably would have said you’re crazy. Zeig is senior from West Nyack, New York majoring in Curriculum and Instruction. Seven years ago, Zeig started her career as a track athlete with her volleyball coach encouraging her to do a second sport to stay in shape. Zeig refers to herself as a “shot putter,” but she also participates in other throwing events including discus, weight throw, javelin, and hammer. Continue reading “Zeig represents Lasell track internationally”

Students run into Big Papi

Jen Freeman (left) and Michaela Tomlinson (right) with David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox. The World Series MVP was at Auburndale Discount Wine & Spirits days after the team captured its third championship in 10 seasons. (Photo courtesy of Jen Freeman)
Jen Freeman (left) and Michaela Tomlinson (right) with David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox. The World Series MVP was at Auburndale Discount Wine & Spirits days after the team captured its third championship in 10 seasons. (Photo courtesy of Jen Freeman)

Undecided majors create their own

Junior Alexa Fransco created her own major of Green Business.  (Photo courtesy of Alexa Frasco)
Junior Alexa Fransco created her own
major of Green Business. (Photo courtesy of Alexa Frasco)

Tina Nalepa – 1851 Staff

Eight years ago, Lasell created a program where incoming undecided students had the opportunity to create their own majors. These students did this by selecting humanity courses to see what students enjoyed studying and created a major out of the courses offered.

This changed when a student Samantha Dulac, Class of 2005, was not fully satisfied with her fashion classes, but she still enjoyed fashion and wanted to incorporate journalism into her degree. After combining classes and working with professors of both departments, Dulac graduated Lasell with a degree in Fashion Communication which is now an offered major. Continue reading “Undecided majors create their own”

Radio hosts No Shave November

Participants of No-Shave November (Photos courtesy of Lasell College Radio)

Zachary Gray – Co-Editor-In-Chief

Lasell College Radio, the rugby team, and the Campus Activities Board have joined together for a “No-Shave November” fundraiser benefitting the Lasell Fund. During the month of November, LCR collected $2.00 donations outside of Valentine Dining Hall to “sponsor” a rugby player in his quest to grow out the best beard.

At a grand finale event in the dining hall on December 5 at 6 p.m., a winner will be chosen from the group of participants. The winning player’s “sponsors” have a chance to win an Amazon gift card worth 25 percent of the proceeds. The remaining 75 percent will benefit the Lasell Fund. Continue reading “Radio hosts No Shave November”

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑