Photos by Erin Correia and Madelyn Hedges
By Hannah Akerly – 1851 Staff
- Pictures & Polaroids: A great way to surround yourself with all the fun memories you’ve had with your friends.
- Tapestries: The perfect way to make your room look that much closer to an ad for Urban Outfitters.
- String lights: They set a relaxing mood and keep you from having to turn on that obnoxious fluorescent light.
- Throw pillows: Only here for decoration, but they make your space look so much more put together. Plus, there’s never a limit on the number of throw pillows that qualifies as too many!
- Rugs: No one likes having a boring floor, so why not spice it up with a fuzzy rug? Besides adding some dimension, it’ll make your space look bigger too.
- DIY wall art: Save money by painting your own wall art! Find supplies at a local supply store (like Michael’s) and be proud to hang up your hard work for everyone to see.
- Letter light boxes: So you can share all your favorite lyrics, inspirational quotes or even just your favorite college bible quote… “She is clothed with leggings and oversized t-shirts and she naps without fear of the future.” -Probably College 31:25.
- Throw blankets: So you can snuggle up with that special person in your life or that other special person…Netflix.
- Plants/Succulents: Sometimes you spend hours (or even days) in your dorm room, so why not bring the outdoors inside to enjoy?
Photo courtesy – Pinterest